|Color and Lustre||White|
|State||Crystals or powder|
|Odor||Mildew odor, leavening and coffee odor|
|Melting point (℃)||85.0~90.0|
|Package||In 25KG cardboard drums|
White crystal or powder. Aroma of heated beef and pork fat, fermented soy flavor. Boiling point 190℃, melting point 84 ~ 86℃. Soluble in ethanol, most non-volatile oils and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in water. Natural products are found in guava, roast beef, cocoa, coffee, shrimp, etc. It is used as flavoring agent, sweetness enhancer for alcoholic beverages, flavor correction agent and supplement for cigarette.
- Food flavoring: 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine is used as a flavoring agent in various food products, such as meat, coffee, and chocolate, to enhance their aroma and taste.
- Pharmaceutical industry: 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine has been studied for its potential therapeutic effects in various diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, ischemia-reperfusion injury, and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Agricultural industry: 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine is also used as an insect repellent and growth regulator in the agricultural industry.
- Chemical industry: 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine can be used as an intermediate in the production of other chemicals, such as pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and flavors.
Q: How to Get Sample of 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine?
A: Sample within 500g could be sent for free once buyer’s DHL account is advised for freight collect or courier cost is paid. The courier cost could be deducted when bulk order is placed.
Q: What is Lead Time of Cas No: 1124-11-4?
A: Generally, cargo could be loaded on ship in about two weeks after the date of receiving prepayment or L/C. Sometimes one week earlier or later.
Q: Can you introduce more about 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine?
2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine (TMP) is a heterocyclic organic compound belonging to the pyrazine family. It is a colorless to pale yellow liquid with a characteristic odor. TMP is soluble in water, ethanol, and ether, but insoluble in chloroform and benzene.
TMP has several applications, including use as a flavoring agent, pharmaceutical ingredient, and insect repellent.
- Flavoring Agent: TMP is commonly used in the food industry as a flavoring agent due to its unique taste and aroma. It is a popular ingredient in meat products, such as beef jerky, sausages, and canned meats, as it gives them a roasted, nutty, and spicy flavor. It is also used in coffee products to add a smoky and roasted note to the aroma. In chocolate products, TMP is added to enhance the flavor and aroma of the chocolate.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: TMP has been studied for its potential therapeutic effects. It has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-tumor properties. It may also have a protective effect on the cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure and improving blood flow. Furthermore, it has been found to have neuroprotective effects and may have potential in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory: TMP has been found to have anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and enzymes. This property makes it a potential candidate for the treatment of various inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Anti-oxidant: TMP has been shown to have potent anti-oxidant properties, which can help protect cells from oxidative damage. This property makes it a potential candidate for the treatment of diseases associated with oxidative stress, such as cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Anti-tumor: TMP has been found to have anti-tumor effects in various types of cancer cells, including breast, lung, and liver cancer cells. This property makes it a potential candidate for the development of anti-cancer drugs.
- Neuroprotective: TMP has been shown to have neuroprotective effects in various models of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. This property makes it a potential candidate for the treatment of these diseases.
- Insect Repellent: TMP is also used as an insect repellent. It has been found to be effective against several insect species, including mosquitoes, house flies, and cockroaches. It is commonly used in household insect repellent sprays and coils.
Safety: As with any chemical compound, safety precautions should be taken when handling TMP. It is important to wear appropriate protective gear, such as gloves and safety goggles, when handling the compound. TMP should be stored in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area, away from sources of heat, sparks, or flames.
Conclusion: In conclusion, 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine is a versatile organic compound with various applications in different industries. Its unique flavor profile makes it a popular ingredient in the food industry, while its potential therapeutic effects make it an attractive target for drug development. Furthermore, its insect repellent properties make it a useful addition to household products. The discovery of the various therapeutic properties of TMP has opened up new avenues for research and development, which could potentially lead to the development of novel drugs for the treatment of various diseases.